Sunday, March 20, 2011

Review: Quatman Cafe

If you are from Cincinnati, you have likely heard about Quatman Cafe in Norwood.  It is a small pub and grill that is known for its burgers.  When I first walked into Quatman’s on a Friday night, I noticed that it was full of regulars and packed!  There isn’t a hostess, so you just sit where you can find a seat.  We took the last table in the back and looked up at the menu on the wall.  Quatman’s menu is simple.  Burgers, fries, sandwiches, and they are known for their mock turtle soup.  I have yet to try this soup, but my dad has mentioned how good it is many times. 

Our waitress promptly came over, took our drink order, and was ready to put our food order in as well.  It didn’t take my husband and me long to order—we had gone for the burgers.   We each ordered a burger and fries and my husband had some chili as well. 


As we waited, I took in the atmosphere.  There were sports on all the T.V.s, families, college students, couples, and Cincinnati memorabilia around the walls.  Very simple red and white checkered table cloths covered each table. 

It didn’t take long for our food to come out at all.  Quatman’s is known for their simplicity of their burgers, which is a good thing.  The burger was cooked medium well , and wasn’t too thick or too thin.  I don’t like too thick of burgers (if you’ve been to Gordo's, I thought their burgers were too thick), so this was just right.  There really isn’t a whole lot to say except that the burgers are great!  They are definitely one of my favorite burgers in the area.  I like how simple and flavorful they are without a lot of toppings needed.  The fries are pretty good.  Not my favorite, but pretty standard shoestring fries. 


Quatman’s is well-priced as well.  I can’t remember exactly what our bill came to, but a cheeseburger and fries was around $7.  Beers were about $3 or so a piece. 

Quatman’s is a no-fuss great local place.  There are always sports on too, so you could even go to check out a game.  So if you’re looking for a place with good food and prices, I definitely recommend checking it out! 

Food: 4
Service: 3
Overall Experience: 4

~Kate

Quatman Cafe on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying reading your blog--especially when I miss Cincy!

    Just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Keep writing!

    xoxo
    Kate
    http://the-permanent-tourist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kate! Glad you like it! We appreciate the feedback!

    ReplyDelete