Monday, April 16, 2012

Recipe: Homemade Salsa

I first have to apologize that it has been a really long time since I have posted.  This time of year just keeps me busier with other things than working on my computer, but I hope to be better about updating new posts!  As it gets warmer out, it makes me crave salsa more.  I like making my own salsa at home but don't always have fresh tomatoes on hand.  I don't think they always look that great at the grocery either, so when they don't, I just buy some canned diced tomatoes.  This recipe uses that plus some other fresh ingredients.  This is a go-to salsa that I will just make to have on hand at home for a snack or to serve with chicken or fish tacos:

Ingredients:
1 can of petite diced tomatoes with green chiles (any diced tomatoes would work, but I like the chiles)
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of corn drained (you could use frozen if you have it)
1/2 green pepper chopped
1/2 red onion chopped
1-2 jalapenos chopped (add more if you like spicier)
1-2 tbsp. cilantro
1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
Juice from one lime
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder


All you have to do is throw all these ingredients in a bowl, mix and serve! I like it better after it has chilled for awhile and all the ingredients have settled together.

So, this is a really easy and tasty salsa and it also makes a lot!

~Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment