Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Recipe: White Wedding Cupcakes

It was my turn at work to bring the birthday treats this week, and I was glad to do so for my good friend Linda.  I wanted to make something that people could just pick up and eat and something new.  I immediately turned to the new favorite, Pinterest, for some inspiration.

I have to say, I was pretty impressed with these overall.  They turned out fantastic!  Everyone at work seemed to enjoy them, and I got a lot of compliments on them overall for how moist and delicious they were!  SUCCESS!  So a big thanks to Recipe Girl for this great recipe.

Ingredients:
1 18.75 oz. box of white cake mix
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of granulated sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/3 cup water
2 tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
1 tsp. vanilla abstract
1 cup of sour cream
4 large egg whites

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.  Put cupcake liners in cupcake pans.
2. Mix the first four ingredients together with a whisk.  Add the rest of the ingredients in the large mixing bowl and mix with a hand mixer for 2-3 minutes or until well-blended.
3. Use an ice cream scoop to fill the liners about 3/4 full.  Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

These were so simple and easy.  I decided to also get a recipe for butter cream frosting to top these off with.  I also got this from a link at the bottom of Recipe Girl's comments that is also from her website.  She has a ton of great recipes on here, so please check them out!

Wedding Cupcake Buttercream

Ingredients:
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
1-2 tbsp. whipping cream

First mix the sugar and butter together on low speed with a hand mixer.  Mix until well-blended then mix on medium speed for about 2 more minutes.  Next, add the other ingredients and continue to beat for 1-2 more minutes until desired consistency.  You can add more whipping cream if you want it to be thinner.

Overall, I these were some of the best cupcakes I think I have ever made.  The cake was extremely soft and were sweet without feeling like you're eating a ton of sugar.  I liked the butter cream frosting, but I have made other frostings that I liked a little bit more.
I will definitely be making these again, and a very Happy Birthday to Linda!
~Kate







2 comments:

  1. I had one (ok, ok, I had three... can you blame me?). These things were yummy-licious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been visiting your recipe blog from past 3 months. The way of recipe tips looks to be easy for all readers. I would personally recommend our blog visitors to subscribe to obtain useful posts like this periodically. Particularly post on "Recipe: White Wedding Cupcakes" is awesome. Get in touch with us via our websites South indian veg restaurant | Chinese restaurant

    ReplyDelete