Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mama's Recipe: Warm Potato Salad

Kris is right when she says that we get our love of food from our moms.  So many occassions in my family involve good food. Any time we have a game night, holidays, or Sunday dinners, we always have to make sure the food is going to be delicious! This is typically not a problem with my mom.  Like Kris, I think my mom is a great cook. There is nothing like your own mother's cooking. There are so many dishes of hers that I love, so it was really hard to decide on one to share. 

I decided to share this warm potato salad because this is a dish that every single person in my family loves (maybe not my dad, but he never likes what everyone else likes).  My brother, sister, and I always request it, and my mom typically has to make extra because there are never any left overs.   Newcomers to our family, my husband and my sister-in-law, both love this too.  It's so good AND easy to make!  What's not to love?


Recipe:
4-5 red potatoes (depends on how many people you are serving)
one package of bacon pieces (find it in the salad dressing aisle)
1 cup of chopped scallions
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1-2 tbsp of dijon
salt and pepper

You could really use any kind of potatoes you would like, but I like the red potatoes the best.  Chop up the potatoes to bite size pieces.

Bake at 400 degrees 'til brown, about 20 minutes or so, depending on how many potatoes you are cooking.  Flip them half way through baking.  Meanwhile, chop your scallions.  In a separate bowl, mix together the mayo, mustard, salt and pepper.  Again, this mixture could be added to if you need more.  If you are making more potatoes, just eyeball it.  I sometimes add a bit more mustard too, just depends.  You can't mess it up too much! 

Once the potatoes are finished, pour them in a bowl, add the scallions, bacon and dressing and mix it up.  I used turkey bacon pieces this time, but choose whichever you prefer. 


This really is a crowd pleaser and is best served warm.  Hope you enjoy, and thanks Mom!
~Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment