Friday, September 2, 2011

Recipe: Taco Roll-Ups


A week ago, I had plans to go to the Jimmy Buffet concert with a group of friends.  We decided to meet up our friend Dan's house beforehand to get the party started off right.  Now Dan is always a great host and has everything we need, but I was feeling like making an appetizer.  For whatever reason, Jimmy Buffet music reminds me of margaritas and Mexican food, so I had the perfect appetizer in mind.  This recipe is a family favorite, particularly my sister's favorite.  I believe my mom found it somewhere a long time ago, or made it up herself, I'm not quite sure, but we have been making and eating it for years!

Ingredients:

1 package of flour tortillas
1 can of refried beans
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, room temperature
1 package of dry taco seasoning mix
about 4-6 green onions chopped
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 jar of salsa

This is extremely easy to make.  First, mix refried beans, cream cheese, taco seasoning, onions, and cheese together.  I somewhat eyeball the onions and cheese, you can put as much as you like of those items in the mix.

Take out a tortilla and spoon some mix on.

Spread it on the tortilla evenly then roll it up.  Extremely easy!!

Before serving, I like to have had these chill in the refrigerator for a little bit, they are easier to slice that way.  Take them out of the fridge and slice into about a half inch pieces, place on a dish, and serve with salsa.

These were definitely a crowd pleaser, everyone seemed to enjoy them, and they are easy to take with you somewhere also!
~Kate

1 comment:

  1. They never get old! Just looking at them, I want some now. :)

    ReplyDelete