Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Review: Stone Creek

This may be a somewhat biased review because I have been to Stone Creek a couple times before and have loved it, but also because I have two friends who work there. Having said that, I had seen a YoDeal offer for Stone Creek and snagged it right away, $50 for $25, definitely worth it. 

Stone Creek has two locations locally, one in Montgomery and one in West Chester.  I have only been to the one in  Montgomery and have had great dining experiences each time, and this past time was the same! 

If you have never been to Stone Creek in Montgomery, the parking situation could be confusing, but it really is easy.  There is a garage underneath the restaurant and elevators that take you right up near the entrance.  Walking in to the restaurant, we were warmly greeted by two hosts who were happy to seat us in either of our friends sections.  My friend was bartending, so we sat at a table near the bar. Of course I think the service was great, but I will note that I have always had great service at Stone Creek, even when my friends haven't waited on me.

Each table is given fresh warm bread and an oil and herb dipping sauce.  This stuff is DELICIOUS! I absolutely love it.  It has a tangy flavor in the sauce with a nice sweetness, and the bread was sooo soft, it just disintegrates in your mouth.  I had to stop myself from eating too much bread before my meal!

Stone Creek has a nice wine list, beers, and specialty drinks.  They also have daily drink specials which would be nice to take advantage of if you go.  This night, I opted for a glass of wine, and my husband went with a craft beer.

Stone Creek's menu is pretty varied.  They have salads, steaks, chicken, seafood, and pastas.  I like that there is also an option to get a combo of 2 entree items with a vegetable and baked potato.  This is a great idea to try smaller portions of two different items.

This night, I decided to get the Durango Beef Medallions which are served with garlic mashed potatoes, a portabella mushroom cap, tomatoes, applewood bacon, spinach and gorgonzola.  How good does that sound!?  These are all many of my favorite ingredients, so I love this dish.  I also ordered a side house salad with my entree.  The house salad is served with a raspberry vinaigrette that is light, sweet, and very refreshing.  This salad was great.

I ordered the medallions medium.  My dish turned out delicious.  A delicious bite with all those ingredients is perfection.  My only complain this night was one medallion was cooked perfectly medium while the other one was medium well....a  bit disappointing, but didn't affect my overall satisfaction with the dish.

Ross has actually said that he thinks Stone Creek is one of the best steaks he has ever had, but he decided to get a slightly different item tonight.  He decided to order the surf and turf which consists of beef tenderloin medallions, lump crab, leeks, garlic mashed potatoes, and balsamic tomatoes and a side Caesar salad.  His salad had just the right amount of dressing and was a more oil based Caesar dressing, which he likes.  The shaved parmesan was also a nice touch.

His medallions were cooked to order and lump crab was a generous portion that added a sweet and tender topping to the medallions.  He was very pleased with his dish.

Overall we both LOVE Stone Creek.  Many people have complained they think it's a bit overpriced, and I could see that. It is a bit pricey, but every time I have gone, I thought I got my money's worth.  I have left satisfied, pleased, and felt that I had a great dining experience.  I would recommend this place to anyone who would want a great meal and are willing to spend around $20-$25 a person....I'd even go just for the bread :)
~Kate

Food: 4.5
Service: 5 (can't beat having a friend serve you!)
Overall Experience: 4.5

Stone Creek Dining Company on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can buy the dipping oil by the bottle? Making me want some beef at 9am! Yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete