Monday, August 29, 2011

Recipe: Asparagus with Balsamic Tomatoes and Goat Cheese

If you haven't already noticed, the Girls Who Grub looooove goat cheese! So, when I found a recipe for asparagus with goat cheese and tomatoes (three of my favorie ingredients) in my Cooking Light magazine in April, I knew I had to try it out. I am sure glad I did! This will definitely become a go-to side dish for me. It's wonderful and super easy!!

Ingredients: (serves 4)
1 pound trimmed asparagus
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1.5 cups halved grape tomatoes
1/2 tsp minced fresh garlic
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp crumbled goat cheese
Salt & pepper

Start out by boiling a pot of water. Once it's boiling, add the asparagus to the pot for about 2 minutes then drain. It doesn't say to do this in the directions, but I run it under a little cold water so it stops the cooking process and it stays nice and green.

Next, heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the garlic and tomatoes. Let those cook for about five minutes and add the balsamic vinegar. Let it cook for a few more minutes. Add the salt.

Place the asparagus on a plate and cover with the tomato and vinegar mixture. Top with the goat cheese and pepper and serve. How easy is that??!! And it's soooo delicious.

My picture is not the greatest...but you'll notice that I also topped a grilled chicken breast with the tomato and goat cheese mixture. It was wonderful with the chicken and made for a great dinner! Enjoy!

~Kris
 

1 comment: