Monday, August 22, 2011

Recipe: Bacon Ranch Potato Salad

I really love potato salad but had never made it before!  My mom makes the BEST potato salad and she usually is the one who will make it for various cook outs or family functions and I feel like making potato salad for two people usually makes way too much for us to eat.  However, I recently saw a recipe for a bacon ranch potato salad that I thought I would attempt.

This recipe turned out really good!! It was extremely easy for a first time maker like myself, and was a bit different from the traditional potato salad.

Ingredients:
2 lb. red potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
1 16 oz. container of sour cream
1 pack of dry ranch dressing mix
1/4 cup cooked bacon
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced

I cooked the bacon first in the oven.  I learned a trick watching Food Network to use a cooking rack sitting on a baking sheet to cook the bacon.


1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with salted water.  Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce to medium low; cover and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes.  Drain the potatoes, then run under cool water.

2. Combine sour cream and ranch.  Mix all ingredients together.

This recipe was so simple, I think anybody could do it.  You can use any kind of sour cream, reduced fat, low fat, etc. depending on your taste.  I used turkey bacon baked in the oven, but you could use regular bacon and cook it however you like.  I also added some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. 

My husband and I both liked this recipe a lot!  We even thought it was better after two days in the fridge :)
~Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment