Sunday, December 4, 2011

Review: Krimmer's Italianette Pizza

Krimmer's Italianette is located on Plainfield Rd. in Silverton/Deer Park, which is very close to my house.  I have been here a couple times in the past, but it had been awhile on my most recent visit.  Italianette does deliver but they also have an eat-in dining room.  The room is a good size with booths and tables with two or three TVs showing football, basketball, etc.  It's a great room for a group of people, kids, or table for two.

Ross and I went on a Saturday night.  It wasn't terribly crowded, so we were able to grab a booth.  The menu consists of pizza, salads, and sandwiches with some side items available as well.  Ross and I were in the mood for a variety of things.  I ordered a tossed salad which is topped with tomatoes, cheese, and your choice of ham or bacon.  I chose bacon with Italian dressing.  Ross wanted some bread sticks, so we ordered those with garlic sauce and a medium pizza.  I wanted veggies and Ross wanted meat, so we did half and half.

The salad was fantastic!  The lettuce tasted very fresh, there was a good amount of shredded mozzarella, and the bacon was cooked to order for the salad.  It was very big also for a side salad. I really liked this salad and would get it again for sure.

The breadsticks were pretty standard breadsticks; warm, soft, and served with a side of garlic sauce. These were good!

On the pizza, I got onion, banana peppers, and mushrooms and Ross got pepperoni, sausage and banana peppers.  There was a good amount of toppings, cheese and sauce.  I would describe the crust as medium to thin in thickness which was perfect.  I don't like it too thick or thin, so I liked this crust.  It was crispy without being too crunchy.  Overall, this pizza was pretty great! I was full from the salad and breadsticks, so I didn't have room for very much.  The slices are pretty big also.  Ross really enjoyed his too.  We had plenty to take home for leftovers which was also nice.
I of course forgot to take a picture until after we served some to ourselves, so sorry about the picture only showing a part of the pizza.

The service was good.  Nothing to complain about.  The prices are pretty fair as well.  The salad was $3.75, a medium pizza is $8.99 then $1.25 for toppings, and the breadsticks were 5 for $3.50.  So, not too bad!  If you're in the area, I would definitely give Italianette a try, it's a great local pizza place that is fast, has good food, and good service.

~Kate

Food: 3
Service: 3
Overall Experience: 3

Italianette Pizza on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment