Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Recipe: Raspberry Salsa Black Bean Dip

This is a recipe that my mother-in-law makes that is one of my absolute favorites! It's a great snack to make for a party or gathering and is always a crowd-pleaser.  It's so easy and delicious!

Ingredients:
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 package of cream cheese
1/2 cup to 1 cup of red onion, chopped
1 jar of raspberry salsa
1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
tortilla chips

This is so simple.  Get a glass baking pan, or other dish that can go in the oven.  Place the black beans on the bottom of the pan.  Next, slice pieces of cream cheese and layer on top of the black beans.

Pour the salsa over, layer the onion on top of the salsa, then top with the cheese.  You can refrigerate this until you are ready to bake it if you'd like to make it ahead of time.  When you are ready for the dip, put in the oven on 400 for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.  Serve with chips and enjoy!

I absolutely love this!  It's a great alternative to a regular salsa or taco dip.  (Sorry, forgot to take a picture after it baked), You can also use any kind of salsa you'd like, but I think raspberry is the best.  I have actually had a hard time finding raspberry salsa around here.  My mother-in-law has given me a couple jars because it is easier to find in Zanesville; however, I did see it at the Newtown Food Market one day.  I have looked at Kroger, Trader Joe's, and IGA and have had no luck, so if anyone knows where else you can find raspberry salsa, please share!

Enjoy!
~Kate

4 comments:

  1. OMG! That's looks incredible. I sure wish I hadn't started my diet Monday.

    Mick

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is awesome! You can have a break from your diet ths weekend? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a Raspberry Salsa I make. It's free of any artificial flavors and is all natural.
    http://casadejorgesalsa.com/raspberry.html

    ReplyDelete