Monday, February 14, 2011

Just Call Me Martha!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! This year, all the single girls at my work decided to do a potluck lunch, and I was put in charge of dessert. I’ve been dabbling in baking recently, and they were all curious to try out one of my creations. I decided to go with red velvet cake pops.
According to some people, cake pops are the new cupcakes. They are super cute and are easily customizable for different parties, holidays and special occasions. Bakerella has a great website with lots of ideas and inspiration. I followed this recipe, and used red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. And, of course, I customized them with pink and red sprinkles that I found at Target.
Here they are! Tah dah!

Delicious, easy and cute! You can use different colored sprinkles or candy melts for different occasions.
Hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!  
~Kris

5 comments:

  1. these are the cutest things I have ever seen! and they're cupcakes?!?!...what a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I saw a recipe in Taste of Home for these and wondered how difficult they would be. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter (13) loves to bake. These will be perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete