Thursday, June 30, 2011

Recipe: Chicken-Orzo Salad with Goat Cheese

I just tried a great new recipe that I had to share with you all! It's very simple, healthy and delicious! I found it in Cooking Light magazine. The recipe can be found online here, but I typed it all out for you below. 


Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup uncooked orzo
3 cup chopped, cooked chicken breast
1 1/2 cup trimmed arugula
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped red onion (which I omit because I hate them)
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tsp fresh oregano
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
6 tbsp crumbled goat cheese

Start off by cooking your orzo pasta. If your chicken isn't already cooked, you'll want to do that while the pasta is cooking. Next, make sure all your veggies and herbs are washed and chopped as called for in the recipe. Once everything is prepped and ready to go, combine the pasta, chicken, and the next 6 ingredients (through oregano) in a large bowl and toss.
Combine your vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk it together. Drizzle it over the top of your pasta mixture, toss and sprinkle with the goat cheese.

This is so delicious, simple and versatile. You could really add a lot of different veggies and herbs to this depending on what you have on hand. You may notice in the photos that I added spinach to mine instead of arugula. I know they taste completely different, but I didn't have arugula so I thought it was better than no leafy greens at all. One tip: next time, I would saute the peppers and tomatoes a little before adding them. That way they're not raw and not as crunchy. Other than that, it was great and perfect for leftovers throughout the week! Enjoy!

~ Kris

14 comments:

  1. all of my favorites in one! can't wait to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! MaxGoat MarkZuckerberg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. vietnamese food singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. best vietnamese food singapore

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe it or not, it is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. It matches to my requirements a lot. Thank you for writing this information. holland village food

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. authentic vietnamese food singapore

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. vietnamese salad

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was really an interesting topic and I kinda agree with what you have mentioned here! singapore vietnamese salad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. vietnamese food near me price

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. mushroom ki sabji kaise banega

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. https://medium.com/@randymari/vietnamese-food-delivery-in-singapore-121564c7e0ac

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. http://bestvietnamesesalad.website2.me/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to be visiting your blog again, it has been months for me. Well this article that i've been waited for so long. I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article. Thanks, great share. http://vietnamesefooddeliverysingapore.zohosites.in/

    ReplyDelete