Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Recipe: Thai Chicken Peanut Pizzas

One of my co-workers always brings in left-overs for lunch which always looks so much better than what I pack.  Awhile back, he had left-over peanut pizzas that looked and smelled delicious!  I immediatley asked if he could bring me the recipe.  Not long after, getting the recipe from his wife, he brought it in, typed and all :)  These pizzas are light and could be a great dish for dinner or lunch. 

Ingredients: (Serving 4)
4 Flatout Flatbreads (or your choice of tortillas)
10 oz. bottled Thai Peanut Sauce
10 oz. cold, cooked chicken breast, shredded
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
4 scallions slivered diagonally
1/2 cup white bean sprouts
1/4 cup shredded carrots
3 Tbsp. roasted, chopped peanuts
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro

To make:
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Lightly oil the flatbreads or tortillias and cook for 7 minutes. Remove from oven.

3. Coat flatbreads with peanut sauce
4. Top with chicken, scallions, bean sprouts, carrots, peanuts and cheese
5. Cook for 7 more minutes, remove and top with fresh cilantro
6. Slice, and enjoy!

These were sooo easy to make and ended up being DELICIOUS!  My husband was very apprehensive when he saw the ingredients but he really loved them too.  I will be definitely be making these again, and they are fairly healthy as well!

Some things to take into consideration:  Don't forget to toast the peanuts!! I almost forgot to toast them, so I had to do that toward the end.  I made the chicken about an hour beforehand, you could probably even buy some pre-cooked chicken in those packages at a grocery store if you are stuck on time.  I used tortillias and thought these were great!  I put too many peanuts on for my liking, but you could really add or take away any of these ingredients that you would like.

So a big thanks again to my co-worker, Mick for such a great recipe! 
~Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment